Listen in as Patricia speaks on her dedication to maximizing the client experience. She believes that her job as an interior designer is to know the client at such a deep level that she is able to craft a space that articulates their wants and needs seamlessly.
She also talks about her approach to leadership in which she strives to empower her people to make big decisions—in line with the company’s vision and values, of course—without having to rely on upper management every time.
Patricia discusses her grandfather’s journey to Oregon and how his innately entrepreneurial spirit led him to create an atmosphere within the family that eventually inspired Patricia herself to start a business which gave her the means to pursue her passion for interior design.
- 04:39] The role of the interior designer
- [08:18] Gaining trust with clients
- [12:42] Making tough decisions and deciding to do the hard stuff first
- [18:14] Allowing your employees to make big business decisions
- [20:30] Encouraging the younger generation to be unafraid of failure
- [45:35] Patricia on her Cosentino tour in Spain
- [51:07] Failing upward
- [56:06] Where Patricia sees the interior design industry in five years
Connect with Guest
Key Quotes from Episode
- Even at a lower level, you want your house to be what you want it to be. It’s the biggest investment you’ll ever make, whether you’re a first-time homebuyer or you’re buying your fifth home in Aspen, you want your home to be beautiful.
- Interior design is definitely for a certain level of clientele. That said, good design should not be exclusive to somebody at that high level.
- A good designer is going to meld your personality and the house’s personality into a coherent place of flow.
- Failing upward means you’ve got grit, determination, and persistence.
About Complements Home Interiors
CHI Before a single scoop of excavated dirt is moved, Patricia has carefully reviewed the building plans with her clients to confirm that all aspects of their needs and lifestyle are addressed
With 30 years in the industry, Patricia is a home building and remodeling expert. She works closely with her clients, as well as the building professionals who make up her team. From finish carpenters to painters, wood floor installers, and kitchen and bath experts, the Bend team that supports her is nothing short of amazing!
Connect with the industry’s best tradespeople in your area.